Release Day fun!
For the release of Heart Pressed, we’re talking something serious, Cookies.
I remember making cookies with my mom every Christmas. That was the only time she made them and it was an event. It took the entire day and often involved many different varieties.
My favorites (and now, my husband’s too) are classic spritz cookies. Here’s the recipe we’ve used for years.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Decorating sugar or nonpareils
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in bowl. Beat until creamy, scraping bowl often. Add flour and salt; reduce mixer to low speed until completely combined.
- Fill cookie press with with dough then affix desired cookie press filter. Press dough onto ungreased sheet pan 1″ apart . Decorate as desired. Bake 8-14 minutes or until edges of cookies are very lightly browned.
About Heart Pressed
In case you haven’t heard what Heart Pressed is about…Here is the synopsis:
Crushes are great for grapes, wine, and romance—not so great for hearts.
The Sweetheart Festival, an Elnora Island institution, has sparked more than a few romances over the years, but who would have thought it would light a fire in two hearts from two of the island’s oldest families. When Amara Martin and Dante Greco meet, sparks fly that may ignite more than romance.
Two wineries, old feuds, generations of traditions.
Seeing the attraction at Amara and Dante’s chance meeting, Beth Stevens and Scott Anderson join forces to do a little matchmaking, not realizing the pressure it would bring to both households and their own hearts. The new couple must decide if they will adhere to tradition or break free from expectations and choose love. Pressure on every side threatens a love that hasn’t yet had a chance to ripen—for both Amara and Dante as well as for Beth and Scott.
In this “forbidden love” novel, Heart Pressed continues the Elnora Island romances of the Independence Islands Series featuring five islands, six authors, and a boatload of happily-ever-afters.
The Independence Islands Series: beach reads aren’t just for summer anymore.
Want to see all about the pre-order fun? Be sure to check it out HERE!